US Anticorruption Policy in a Trump Administration: A Cry of Despair from the Heart of Darkness

Like many people, both here in the US and across the world, I was shocked and dismayed by the outcome of the US Presidential election. To be honest, I’m still in such a state of numb disbelief, I’m not sure I’m in a position to think or write clearly. And I’m not even sure there’s much point to blogging about corruption. As I said in my post this past Tuesday (which now feels like a million years ago), the consequences of a Trump presidency are potentially so dire for such a broad range of issues–from health care to climate change to national security to immigration to the preservation of the fundamental ideals of the United States as an open and tolerant constitutional democracy–that even thinking about the implications of a Trump presidency for something as narrow and specific as anticorruption policy seems almost comically trivial. But blogging about corruption is one of the things I do, and to hold myself together and try to keep sane, I’m going to take a stab at writing a bit about the possible impact that President Trump will have on US anticorruption policy, at home and abroad. I think the impact is likely to be considerable, and uniformly bad...




Read the full blog post by Matthew Stephenson: https://globalanticorruptionblog.com/2016/11/10/us-anticorruption-policy-in-a-trump-administration-a-cry-of-despair-from-the-heart-of-darkness/

Popular posts from this blog

The Pacific - Nepal - Eastern Europe & Central Asia

Middle East & North Africa - Ukraine - Sri Lanka

Global - Sub-Saharan Africa - Turkey & Syria